Congratulations! You did it! You took the first step, which is often the hardest step, by scheduling
your consultation. My name is Leah, and I am one of the Patient Coordinators here at Eberbach Plastic
Surgery. I was a patient myself about 9 years ago! I totally understand how scary it is thinking about your
consultation. DO NOT STRESS! I was a nervous wreck myself, but I was pleasantly surprised by how
comfortable I felt once I was in the office. Our goal is to make this experience as easy and comfortable
as possible. In this blog post I am going to go over what to expect when you come in for your
consultation and also tell you about my own personal experience.

I had wanted a breast augmentation since I was 15 years old. My Mom assured me that my breasts
would grow, but when I turned 22 years old they were still flat as a board. I had contemplated going to a
consultation for a few years but my modesty kept me from making an appointment. At my previous job,
we were shooting a Wing House commercial and I felt jealous of the model’s ample bosoms! On the way
home I heard a commercial for Eberbach Plastic Surgery. It was fate! So I mustered up my courage and
scheduled a consultation for a breast augmentation! I am so glad I did, my only regret is that I did not
get them done sooner.

My Consultation

When I arrived at the consultation I was greeted by a smiling face. I was escorted into the
consultation room where I received basic information and was able to view and feel all the different
types of implants. I really liked the cohesive gel style and I was pleased that they felt very much like
natural breast tissue to me. The saline implants felt a little too firm for me.

We discussed recovery. I was concerned I would have to take a few weeks off from my job which was
not feasible for me. My coordinator assured me most patients with a desk job can return to work in just
a few days! I was also concerned about the pain after the surgery. My coordinator told me the feeling
was very much like a strenuous chest work out after going to the gym. I thought I could handle that.

I then saw the 3-D imaging machine. This machine takes an actual 3-D photograph of me where I can
see how different implants look on my body. I slipped into a cloth gown and stood in front of the
machine. I took my gown off and we took the photo. I learned that implants come prefilled in different
sizes measured in cc’s. For example, someone who is five feet tall may only need a 350 cc implant to
achieve a 2 cup size increase, where a five foot eight inch woman like myself might need a 450 cc
implant. We tried on different sizes via the 3-D machine and when I saw the 421 cc size, I knew that was
the size for me! It was so helpful and amazing to view the different implants and how they would look!


Next Dr. Eberbach entered the room and he made me feel really comfortable as he did some
measurements. I was very concerned about the implants being proportionate to my body. I did not
want to look top heavy. Dr. Eberbach explained the base dimension was a key factor in which size would
fit my body. Dr. E asked if I liked more forward projection or more upper pole fullness. We selected the
moderate profile which is a wider implant to give me more upper pole fullness resulting in more upper
cleavage. Dr. E showed me photos of a number of actual patients who resembled my anatomy that

helped validate my final implant choice. I felt so comfortable and loved what it would look like that I
scheduled my surgery that very day! I left a 500 dollar deposit to lock in the first date that was available
which happened to be 2 days before Thanksgiving.


Pre-op was set up two weeks before surgery. This consisted of going over consent forms, answering
any remaining questions I had and taking pre-op photos. I set the count down timer on my phone.
Surgery day could not come soon enough! I was so excited!

Surgery Day at Last!

Surgery day was finally here! I was so excited and nervous I barely slept the night before. I arrived and
was escorted into the surgical suite connected to the main building. After putting on my gown and head
bonnet, I was introduced to my anesthesiologist and my IV was inserted. I relaxed and watched TV until
Dr. Eberbach came in smiling and marked the area where the implants would be inserted. Several selfies
were taken during this process! LOL. After hopping up on the surgical table, the anesthesiologist asked
me where I wanted to go on my sleep vacation. I told her I wanted to go to Hawaii with a group of good
looking cabana boys! While I was thinking about the cabana boys, I drifted off to sleep.


The next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room! I stayed about an hour in the recovery
room and asked the nurse for a mirror so I could admire my new additions. They were very high and
swollen but the nurse assured me they would be in the correct place after the swelling went down. And
you know what? She was right! I slept on and off on the drive home but felt no pain. That night I felt a
pressure in my chest. I did take half a pain pill just in case. I did not like the way the pain pill made me
feel so after that I just took Tylenol. The hardest thing for me that night was sleeping on my back since I
am a fetal position sleeper. The day after surgery I was up and moving around but was at half speed. The
next day was Thanksgiving and I felt fine to go to the celebration with my extended family. My breasts
were still high and swollen so I wore a looser shirt. The swelling lasted about six weeks and the implants
began to drop and settle perfectly. After that it was smooth sailing! I returned to work with my new
boobs the following Monday after my surgery.

I liked Eberbach Plastic Surgery so much I ended up working there! As a patient coordinator, I now have
the privilege of helping thousands of women on their journey of transformation.